Wednesday, 29 August 2012

The Alhambra (1)

The Alhambra in Granada is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world. It was certainly busy when I visited.

It is impressive. However, it probably would be better to experience the place with little to no people; it was too busy.

Also, I know this is deeply hypocritical of me to say, but I wish people would take fewer photographs. Yes, I took a lot of photographs. However, that is because taking photographs is actually quite an important part of my life, and one of the main reasons I enjoy seeing new places: I like to think (hubristically?) that maybe I can capture a shot of a place that isn't ordinarily seen. However, most people seem to just follow their camera from one shot to the next, pointing it at anything and everything with their eyes rarely wandering away from their camera's screen.

How about, actually looking at the place you've come to visit?

If I had had more time (and it had been possible), I would probably have liked to go around some places twice: once for the camera, and once just for me.

When the photographs you take are no different to those taken by every single other tourist, why not try just putting the camera away and using your eyes?

Anyway, the Alhambra was beautiful.

The town of Granada.

The town hall.



Entrance to the Alhambra.