Thursday, 7 March 2013

Games are art

The Guardian has just published what seems like its fifteenth article on why games are not art.

Personally, I disagree. I enjoy games (yes, I enjoy many things outside photography!), and some have moved me with their interesting and emotionally engaging characters and narrative, and amazed me with the technical brilliance of graphics or gameplay.

One of my favourites is Morrowind, which I have been playing on and off for a decade now. Part of its appeal is the vast and detailed landscape you are given to explore. Which, as you will hopefully gather from the "photos" below (taken on my travels through Vvardenfell), can be quite a beautiful and interesting place.

Apologies for the number of pictures. I'll only be doing this departure into "virtual photography" once!