Thursday, 8 August 2013

Hackfall, evening and morning

Hackfall is an amazing place. The river Ure cuts through a steep sided valley, and a few hundred years ago, somebody decided to turn the place into a thickly wooded wonderland populated by follies.

I love Hackfall. I'm also rather sad to say that I had an old photograph which I'm not really too proud of featured in the Daily Mail.. Any of the below would likely be better!


It was very stormy..

But you could just see Roseberry Topping in the distance.

The light sometimes came through the storm clouds.

There's a stream down there, if you look closely.


The Fisherman's House.

The Ure. The day after I was there, some people had to be rescued by helicopter when the water rose up quickly around them.


The Ruin.













A field mouse, being eaten by a legion of beetles.






Mowbray castle.






Campsite in the morning. (Take nothing but photos, leave nothing but footprints..)



That's pretty funny.