Tuesday, 24 December 2013

Finding a Christmas tree

I don't celebrate Christmas. I don't really like Christmas. In fact, it's fair to say that I hate Christmas, for all the usual reasons: dislike of the dreadful enforced annual consumerist orgy where people are encouraged to buy expensive stuff for other people, most of which is probably unwanted anyway.

So, I'm not a fan of Christmas.

And it's fair to say that today I wasn't in the best of moods this morning, seeing as how I had spent most of yesterday and most of the night going from room to room in my flat, mopping up the constant drip-drip-drip of water being forced through the windows by the stormy winds outside.

It wasn't fun. And I would certainly love to have windows that could take a bit of inclement weather.

But anyway: after clearing up this morning I took one of my calendars (still a few left) down to a friend in the village and had a cup of tea with them, and then decided to go for a walk, even though it was again blustery and raining.

At the furthest point of my walk, I came across the one and only large downed tree I saw (surprising, considering how strong the winds were). It was big fir tree. So, even though I don't celebrate Christmas, I thought to myself, what the hell, and snapped off a small portion to carry home and decorate.

Merry Christmas everyone.

It was wet when I set out.

Postie heads home, his Christmas work done.

Wet.


Out for a walk after the storm.





Natural fairy lights.




Rosehips.












This was the large pine that had fallen over during the night.



And my little portion to carry home.


Um. I didn't have an angel. So I figured a fox skull would do just as well. (Fox skull also found out in the woods. Basically, everything I own was found out in the woods..)

Merry Christmas!