Tuesday, 20 May 2014

Ryedale Folk Museum, Hutton le Hole

The Ryedale Folk Museum in Hutton le Hole (Yorkshire Moors) is worth a visit. It's in a similar vein to Sussex's Weald and Downland museum, with local buildings from various periods of history rescued from demolition to be restored on the site.

Again, I found myself thinking that some of them looked very comfortable to live in. I particularly liked the very charming Victorian cottage.

Main street.




Smith.

Cobbler.









General store and post office.




Chemist.


Undertaker.





Vintage Raleigh.






The Victorian cottage.








Studio.








Snoring away..

The earliest building on the site.


Welcoming.





Naaa.

Iron Horse.

Gypsy caravan. I remember going in a "real" one of these when I was a child. I don't think they're even something you would see now in modern Britain.

I would love to live in this. Beautiful.