Thursday, 26 March 2015

Olympus Trip 35

The Olympus Trip 35 is the first camera I owned. And now I have another one.

They're a little marvel really. Compact, durable, totally automatic (can be a blessing and a curse, of course), and does not need batteries as the metering gets power from light.

I was pleased with the photos I took with it to test, and this was only very cheap expired Kodak film.

I'll be using it more, and may keep it as a regular backup.


The view through the viewfinder. Note that you can see the current settings in the little window below.


And taken with the camera:

Not taken by me. But, I rather like it.

Boldermere.









Wrest park.





Raptor.



Can I help you?


The tonal range of even a cheap 35mm film camera like this does rival the most expensive modern digital camera. (These photographs are all unedited.)





Coverdale.

Looking for food.

Bridge in Wharfedale.

Bradford.


Waterstones in Bradford.









Salts Mill.