Tuesday, 21 July 2015

New York City

New York is a city I would go back to. I really enjoyed my trip this time last year. The city is big, chaotic, smelly and noisy, but definitely full of interest and things to see and do.

From a photographic perspective, New York will probably be the last place I visit where I used my 8mm fisheye lens a lot: I took two zooms (one "normal", one long) and the 8mm. It is a fun lens to use, but I think I've fallen out of love with it since, and have enjoyed rather more using fairly standard primes, like my fantastic Pentax A 50mm f1.7.

But I am still pleased with the shots I took in New York. I think I managed to see quite a lot of the city (more than the brief selection below would indicate), and my only regret is that with a short trip to a city you necessarily end up snapping mostly the city and infrastructure rather than the people and the smaller places and moments.

So yes, New York City is definitely a place I would go back to, if the opportunity ever arises.












This is my favourite photo of all time, possibly.