Wednesday, 20 January 2016

Alt Berg

I made the acquaintance of Mike Sheehan recently, who is responsible for the very successful local Richmond (and Yorkshire) boot making business, Alt Berg.

I got to shoot some snaps of the workshop in Richmond, where boots are designed and made, and are also received from the new production facilities in Italy (near Venice). Alt Berg have recently received the commission to supply the British Army with their issue boots, which I'm sure is welcome news to all soldiers who used to suffer with very poor quality issue boots and end up buying their own.

It is great to have such a local success story, especially after the company went through some very difficult early times.

Thanks to Mike and everybody else up at the Richmond workshop. And, once my current pair of boots wears out I'll be up there to buy myself a pair which will hopefully last a lifetime.