The abandoned village on of Tyneham, on the Dorset coast.
A rather odd place: the Army cleared out the occupants in 1943 to use the area as training for the D-Day landings. The people were promised they would be able to return. In the end, they were not allowed to return, and the land is still Ministry of Defence owned: the occupiers were mostly tenants, and so their only compensation for leaving was money for the produce in their gardens.
The person who wrote the information boards in the village seems to believe that the village is playing an important part in the "War on Terror": a timeline of the village's history for some reason includes direct entries for September 11th 2001, and the invasion of Iraq in 2003, and that Tyneham is supporting the "War on Terror".
The church and old school has are maintained as usable buildings.
Some interesting "safety" signs abound in the area. Including one large warning for "WARNING: DEEP WATER" next to a little stream that looked to be a few inches deep. And, most amusingly, a "DO NOT DRINK" sign next to an old water fountain that promised eternal life to those who drank from it.